- Sat10Jun201710am - 2pmLondon Drugs Lethbridge (Centre Village Mall, 65 - 1240 2A Avenue N.)
Lethbridge Community Cleanup & Recycling Roundup
London Drugs locations are celebrating a 94.5% waste diversion rate for 2015. In a continued effort to extend our waste diversion efforts beyond our stores and into the communities we serve, we are proudly hosting a Community Cleanup and Recycling Roundup again this year. This event encourages the community to responsibly recycle household items and help divert waste from Lethbridge landfills.
Items Being Accepted / Services Being Offered
London Drugs will be accepting the following items for responsible recycling:
- Non food-related Styrofoam
- Plastic and cardboard packaging from our products
- Cell phones, PDA and rechargeable batteries
- Alkaline Batteries
- Compact Fluorescent Bulbs (CFL’s) and fluorescent light tubes up to 4-foot lengths
- Disposable cameras
- Ink jet cartridges
- Laser cartridges
- Metal film canisters
- Plastic bags
- Insurance plastic folders
GEEP will be accepting electronics and electrical equipment (TVs, VCRs, computers, monitors, printers, small appliances*, etc).
Note: Large appliances are not accepted.
Kidseat Recyclers will be accepting used and expired car seats.
Note: There is an $8 levy per car seat. All fabric must be removed from each seat before drop-off.
More for Less Thrift Stores & Peak Recycling Services
Peak Recycling Services will be accepting the following items for donation:
- Clothing: men’s, women’s and children’s shoes and clothing
- Soft Goods: bedding, towels, area rugs, drapes, etc.
- Household Items: housewares, pots and pans, dishes, cutlery, cooking utensils, knife sets, can openers, vegetable peelers, tupperware, small working appliances, etc.
- Furniture: tables, chairs, desks, dressers, beds, sofas, side tables, etc.
National Salvage is accepting household scrap metal.
Please note that the following items ARE NOT accepted:
- Acetylene or Freon tanks
- Closed Steel Drums
- Hazardous Scrap (including any metals that have been used in areas where designated substances, dangerous chemicals or biological agents are in or are a part of the scrap)
- Propane Tanks must have core removed
- Radioactive Waste Sealed Containers Oxygen
- Transformers and Capacitors must be certified free of PCBs and any other residue
- Unclean Steel Drums (must be steamed out)
- Unspent Air bag containers
- Volatiles Ballasts with PCBs
- 200 gallon Oil Tanks (unless they are cut in half and free of any liquids)
City of Lethbridge will be accepting large items that are at the end of their usable life and cannot be recycled (old mattresses, furniture, household items, etc.).
Items NOT Accepted: tires, large appliances, household chemicals, propane tanks, car batteries, liquids, paint, railway ties.
This event is for household items only. Large-scale drop-offs or commercial loads are not accepted.