You probably recycle the basics. But there are some things you might not have thought of that you can get out of your closets and keep out of the landfill. Check out this video of one of our new Recycling Centres surprising a few shoppers at our Cambie St. Store in Vancouver. Then check the list below to see what YOU can recycle on your next trip to London Drugs.
1. Smoke Alarms – After a while they stop working. Or maybe you upgrade to newer technology. Whatever the reason, if you end up with an old smoke alarm IT SHOULD NEVER GO IN THE LANDFILL! Smoke alarms actually contain very small amounts of radioactive material, and this should always be recycled responsibly. Bring it to your local LD store and we’ll take care of it.
2. Your Old Vacuum Cleaner – When it no longer sucks, bring it to London Drugs. Our recycling partner breaks the units down and recycles them responsibly. In fact, London Drugs takes back any kind of small appliance with a cord. (Here’s me getting rid of an old clunker and buying a sweet new Dyson!)
3. Microwave Ovens – Yes, London Drugs takes these appliances, too. No, it probably WON’T get picked up if you just leave it in the alley.
4. Old VHS Tapes – When that old copy of Gone With The Wind is finally toast, bring it to London Drugs. We make sure old media finds a new life as waste-to-energy instead of taking up landfill space. (Limits per customer per visit may apply – ask at your local LD store) Bring in the old VHS player too, if you like. We recycle all sorts of electronics as well.
5. Cords, Cables and Chargers – Who doesn’t have a drawer containing some old, unidentified electronic spaghetti? It all contains copper, plastic and electronic components that can be recovered. Bring it on.
Find out more at greendeal.ca – You can recycle all sorts of stuff at London Drugs without making an extra trip to the depot.