As we all become more aware of the need to reduce waste and toxins in our environment, it’s nice to know we are not alone. In fact, there is a whole global community of dedicated #RecyclingHeroes out there and this March 18, the world is celebrating World Recycling Day.
So what will YOU commit to recycling? Maybe dig into a closet and see if there are any old electronics that you won’t use anymore. Or check the junk drawer for dead batteries. Even a broken small appliance can be recycled for its materials to be recovered. If you bought any of these items at London Drugs (or are planning on replacing them with new items in the same shopping trip) your local London Drugs offers a convenient place to drop off a wide variety of recyclables, including:
- Electrical and Electronic goods (TVs, VCRs, computers, printers etc)
- Small Appliances
- Styrofoam, plastic and cardboard packaging from our products
- Cell phones, PDAs and rechargeable batteries
- Alkaline Batteries
- Compact Fluorescent Bulbs (CFL’s) and fluorescent lights up to 4-ft
- Disposable cameras
- Ink jet cartridges
- Laser cartridges
- Metal film canisters
- Plastic bags
- Insurance plastic folders
So dig down deep and see if you can up your recycling game for #GlobalRecyclingDay 2020.