Do leftover Halloween wrappers lurk around your home long after Halloween is history? Don’t throw them out! Bring your candy wrappers to London Drugs (BC stores only) and deposit them with Recycle BC’s ‘Other Flexible Plastics’ program.
By collecting your wrappers you are doing your part to keep plastic out of our waste streams. And that can make quite a difference. In the last two years, (2019 and 2020) our BC stores collected over 70,000 kilograms of Other Flexible Plastic Packaging with Recycle BC!
So round up those spooky Halloween candy wrappers, bring them into your local BC London Drugs and drop them in the Recycle BC box provided.
It may even help to get the kids to clean under their beds.
Other Flexible Plastic Packaging Take-Back List (BC Only)
Here’s a more detailed list of Other Flexible Plastic Examples. If you like, you can print off a PDF for handy reference on recycling day.Flexible-Packaging-Take-Back-List
Stand up and zipper lock pouches
- Bags for Sugars, oatmeals, grated cheese, coffee and pouches with a zipper lock
- Deli meat and cheese bags
- Baby food pouches (leave the cap on)
- Soap refill pouches (leave the cap on)
- Plastic pet food bags
Crinkly wrappers and bags
- Crinkly bags
- Candy bags
- Chocolate and candy or energy bar wrappers
- Dried food and pasta bags
- Wet wipe bags (including with hard plastic dispenser)
- Cookie bags
- Foil gift wrap (the plastic kind, not metallic ink on paper)
- Cheese slice bags (please wash them off!)
Flexible packaging with plastic seal
- Vacuum seal packaging (please clean out any meat packaging)
- Flexible packaging with plastic seal (Fresh pasta)
- Flexible lid with rigid base packages (bologna and some deli meats)
- Woven and net plastic bags (plastic weave, not burlap)
Non food protective packaging
- Plastic shipping envelopes
- Bubble wrap
- Plastic air packets (e-commerce)
- Plastic bags with non 2-3-4 resin code
- Shrink wraps on meats (wash them off please!)